Tuesday, December 16, 2008

5 minutes with Cadel Evans














-- Still learning to live with squeaky short man syndrome

Chopper Guard caught up with Aussie battler and Silence-Lotto rider Cadel Evans. Finishing a close second to mild mannered CSC rider Carlos Sastre in this year’s Tour de France, Evans can take some quiet satisfaction from his year’s achievements.

Chopper Guard: Gidday Cadel, how are you?

Evans: DON’T TOUCH ME!

Chopper Guard: Oh, sorry about that. Bad start. How is your shoulder, anyway?

Evans: I CUT YOUR HEAD OFF!

Chopper Guard: I see, still a bit sore, then. Ok. Let’s get to a happy place, can we, Cadel? You were clearly satisfied with your second placing in this year's tour. To what extent will you change your overall race strategy for next year's tour now that key signing Bernard Kohl has been eliminated and Yaroslav Popovych, a rider you insisted must stay as a condition of re-signing with Silence-Lotto, has been lost to powerful rivals Astana?

Evans: I have a lot of people to thank and a lot of people who have helped me along the way – my coach, my dog, my girlfriend, my coach, my dog. I CUT YOUR HEAD OFF! Did I mention my dog? I hate cats. Hate them. We had a kitten, once. Hated it......my dog. I CUT YOU! All the people who stuck by me. It’s been a life’s work…….

Chopper Guard: Oh, that’s lovely, Cadel. Here, have a tissue.

Evans: DON’T TOUCH ME!

Chopper Guard: Oops, there I go again.

Evans: I CUT YOUR HEAD OFF!

Chopper Guard: Oh, gosh, yes. Looks like our time’s up. It’s been great. We’ll get your gentle assistant Serge BorlĂ©e to show us out.

No comments: